The PreSonus FireStudio is the next generation in FireWire recording systems from PreSonus. Based on the award-winning Firepod, the FireStudio combines superior analog circuit design with new advanced platform technology to deliver enhanced performance for music recording and creation.
The FireStudio is a 26x26 24-bit/96k professional recording system combining eight XMAX Class A PreSonus microphone preamplifiers, up to sixteen channels of optical ADAT input / output, S/PDIF and MIDI input / output, along with the Control Console - a 36x36x18 zero latency mixer/router.
The FireStudio is bundled with PreSonus Studio One Artist, our groundbreaking music creation program, and over 4 GB of virtual instruments, plug-ins, loops, and samples to get you started making music immediately.
· 8 dual-purpose front-panel channel inputs, each with high-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifiers
o 6 mic/line inputs
o 2 mic/instrument inputs
o Individual channel-trim controls with -20 to +20 dBV line / 0 to 60 dBu mic range and clip LED
o 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (Inputs 1-4 and 5-8, bank-switchable)
· Headphone jack with level control
· Main-output gain control
· Power/Sync LED (indicates unit is synced to word clock)
· Daisy-chain multiple FireStudios or other FireStudio-family products to create a large, custom system
· Remote controllable via optional Monitor Station Remote (MSR)
· Studio One Artist™ digital audio workstation software included
o 2 FireWire 400 ports
o S/PDIF digital input/output
o 16 channels of optical ADAT I/O @ 44.1/48 kHz (8 ch. @ 96 kHz via dual SMUX)
o 6 combination XLR/¼” mic/line-level inputs
o 2 combination XLR/¼” mic/instrument (high impedance) inputs
o Unbalanced stereo line-level inputs (RCA)
o 2 stereo ¼” inserts
o 2 ¼” main (L/R) analog outputs
o 8 ¼” general-purpose outputs
o MIDI in/out
o Word-clock in/out (BNC)
o Remote-control input
o ¼” headphone output
o 24-bit resolution, up to 96 kHz sampling rate
o High-definition analog-to-digital converters (118 dB dynamic range)
o DICE II chipset for ultra-efficient data transfer
o JetPLL™ jitter-elimination technology
o Zero-latency monitoring via 36x18 DSP matrix mixer/router
o Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7
o Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
o 1U 19” rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
o Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
o Internal power supply with standard IEC power cord
o Studio One® Artist
§ PreSonus’ revolutionary new digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 6+ GB of 3rd-party resources. With Studio One's Nimbit® extension, you can immediately start selling your music.
o Universal Control control-panel application for Mac® OS X and Windows®
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for your FireStudio.
· Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
· Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Turion) (2.8 GHz or faster recommended)
· 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
· Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later (32- and 64-bit)
· Intel Core 1 Solo 1.5 GHz processor (Intel Core Duo or Intel Xeon processor recommended)
· 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
· IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port
· Internet connection recommended
· DVD-ROM drive
· Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) that you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals.
Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.