TASCAM's premiere multi-channel interface is the US-2000, a 16 in/4 out USB interface that fits in only one rackspace. The US-2000 has eight XLR mic inputs with phantom power, enough to record a large band or drumset. An additional six balanced 1/4" line inputs are provided for synths, amp modelers and effects processors. Stereo S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs bring the total to 16 inputs that can be recorded simultaneously.
The US-2000 transmits your instruments at up to 96kHz/24-bit audio quality over a high-speed USB 2.0 connection to your computer. To keep track of all of your inputs and outputs, the US-2000 has a meter bridge made up of 100 LEDs. Connections are hidden on the rear panel, except for a pair of combo jacks on the front for easy access.
Included with the US-2000 is a copy of Cubase LE5 from Steinberg. This full-featured recording software captures up to 48 tracks of audio with another 64 MIDI tracks. You can edit your tracks to perfection using a variety of modes and tools. Automated mixing is included to create the perfect master. Cubase LE4 supports VST effect and instrument plug-ins, which an assortment included with the application. TASCAM's copy of Cubase LE4 can record 16 channels at a time so you can take advantage of all the inputs on the US-2000.
TASCAM's high-quality audio interface takes advantage of the latest USB technology to provide such high channel count over USB 2.0. Step up to the ultimate in compact, great sounding interfacing with the US-2000.
· 16-in / 4-out USB 2.0 audio interface
· 96kHz / 24-bit audio resolution
· (8) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
· (6) 1/4" balanced line inputs
· (4) 1/4" balanced line outputs
· (2) 1/4" instrument inputs (chan. 7 & 8 on front panel "combi "jacks)
· Stereo S/PDIF digital in and out
· 100-LED meter bridge (5 segments for each input and output)
· Zero-latency direct monitoring with mono/stereo switch for each pair of inputs
· 1/4" balanced stereo monitor output with its own volume control
· 1/4" stereo high-powered headphone output
· Mac and Windows compatible
· Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included
· High-tech, attractive aluminum case design