Touch Your Music
As great as DAWs are, it’s a drag to control the transport and create fades and automation with a mouse. Most musicians prefer a real fader and transport controls that they can touch.
That’s why we created the FaderPort, which connects to your computer via USB and delivers complete transport controls for fast and efficient recording, along with a high-quality, touch-sensitive, motorized fader for writing fades and automation.
The FaderPort is a USB 1.1 device. It works fine with the faster USB 2 bus but will operate at USB 1.1 speed. Note that when you connect multiple devices to the same USB bus, the entire bus will operate at the speed of the slowest device in the chain. This applies to any USB device, including hard drives, scanners, printers, and interfaces.
This means that if you want to use a FaderPort with, for instance, an AudioBox VSL-series audio/MIDI interface, which requires USB 2, you need to connect the FaderPort to a separate and independent USB bus. Otherwise, the USB 2 device will send and receive at USB 1.1 speed, which may be inadequate.
Some computers offer multiple USB ports that are, in fact, operating on the same internal USB bus. Check your computer’s documentation to ascertain whether this is the case. If so, connecting the FaderPort to any USB port on the computer would result in all ports operating at USB 1.1 speed.
If your computer has a card slot, you may be able to add a separate USB 2 bus via a third-party card.
Feel is crucial when you’re spending countless hours recording and mixing. So the ultra-affordable FaderPort features the same high-quality, touch-sensitive, long-throw, motorized Alps fader that is found in expensive control surfaces and digital mixing consoles. With its 1,024-step resolution and dual-servo drive-belt motor, the response will be smooth and seamless.
Compatible with virtually all major DAW programs, the FaderPort enables you to record perfect fades and write single-channel or grouped-channel volume, mute, and pan automation in real-time.
Control your DAW’s Solo, Record-enable, window selection, Play, Stop, and Record functions. Manage markers and punch in and out with a footswitch (not included). The FaderPort makes it fast and easy.
You can even create your own custom key mappings. And if you use PreSonus’ Studio One DAW software, your FaderPort will be automatically recognized and can be used to tweak virtually any plug-in parameter.
So put down that mouse and get back in touch with your music. Get the PreSonus FaderPort.
· Write single-channel or grouped-channel volume, mute, and pan automation
· Touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized Alps fader
· Complete recording-transport controls:
· General controls:
· Channel Select controls:
· Window-view selection:
· Fader-mode selection:
· 5 User-defined key mappings
· Hands-free punch in/out using footswitch (not included)
o Dual-servo drive-belt motor design for fast and smooth fader operation
o Rugged metal top plate and military-grade buttons
o External 9 VAC power supply
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for the FaderPort:
PreSonus FaderPort has been tested and approved to work with the following software:
· Ableton Live
· Cakewalk Sonar 6 and later
· Logic Express/Logic Pro 7 and later
· Magix Samplitude 10
· Magix Sequoia 10
· MOTU Digital Performer 4 and later
· PreSonus Studio One (all versions)
· Steinberg Cubase SX3 and later
· Steinberg Nuendo 3 and later
· Avid Pro Tools 6 and later
· Avid Pro Tools M-Powered 6 and later
· Steinberg Cubase LE, SE, and SL 3 and earlier (with limitations)
· Steinberg Nuendo 2 and earlier (with limitations)
· 1 USB 1.1 port
· 1 Footswitch jack for hands-free punch in/out
· Alps 100 mm long-throw, touch-sensitive, motorized fader
· Dual servo motorized drive belt system for fast and quiet operation
· Ultra-smooth feel and lightning fast
· Heavy-duty construction
· Resolution: 10-bit, 1,024 steps
· Pan, Mute, Solo, Record
· Bank, Output, L/R arrow
· Read, Write, Touch, Off
· Mix, Project, Transport, Undo
· Punch/Previous (marker), User (user-definable)/Next (marker), Loop/Mark (set marker), Start, End, Rewind, Fast Forward, Stop, Play, Record
· Operational when USB bus-powered.
· Motorized fader requires 9 VDC, 1.2A external power supply (factory configured, included)
· Desktop unit
· Height 1.75” (44.45 mm)
· Depth 7” (177.8 mm)
· Width 5.25” (133.35 mm)
· Weight 1 lb. (0.45 kg)